Monday, September 14, 2009
Talk Poetry ## Yannis Livadas Answers Back
1. What sets your poems apart from other contemporary Greek poets?
2. What are your main concerns as a poet?
: My life. My state of action. Poet is the organon of poetry therefore I must always be on the Wheel. Enjoying ever.
3. My FB friend Tim Hall an underground writer from US, whose piece from 1000th Monkey 'How To Be An Underground Lit Legend' I am translating now in Bangla, asked me a question which I want to repeat here to you...
Is there as much apathy towards outsider, unconventional or otherwise underground literature in Athens as there is here in Kolkata or USA? Is there a corporate-owned literary industry over there that controls access to serious writing and completely denies the existence of serious writers? Is there a movement against it?
: Yes, apathy there is, though I see no underground poetry here. I am also not quite a fan of it; I believe poetry must only be authentic, nothing else – it is well known that I am not interested in movements. And yes there is a “control” system in Athens, as anywhere. The only Greek literary movement I know is Mediocrity…
Three Poems Of Yannis Livadas
She's Out To Lunch
Who knows what
my dear prigs and ex-lovers
that you loved and censored
who knows what
dear families of this earth
i am standing but cannot stand anything
i study monotony
sodomize your prayers
for i love you so much
my sins are more innocent
than my good deeds
i had told you once:
Truth knows not
she's out to lunch.
Under The Hokusai Wave
God remains more powerful
Beauty is a hidden sun
Over the clouds
Of this heavy shower that turns sour.
Perhaps we don’t need
We quarreled for the umbrella
Under the Hokusai
Poets Mourn For The Immortal Poem
Poets mourn for the immortal poem
And is very relative with this
Dew drop at the edge of the sparrow’s bill.
The look your breasts give me
Is pure immortality
Just like the grasp of the sparrow’s
The sea is words
That comes out from the mouth of the coast
And we naked liquefy future
For one more candle.
Αυτός που διαβάζει με όρους ανοχής μπορεί να με διαβάσει, αυτός που διαβάζει με όρους συμμετοχής όχι.
"Poetry is the only adventure that's worthwhile outside itself"
- Yannis Livadas
The one that reads with terms of tolerance can read me, the one that reads with terms of attendance can not.
"Poetry is the only adventure that's worthwhile outside itself" Y.L.
- Yannis Livadas
- ► 2011 (150)
- Γιάννης Λειβαδάς - Όπως σείστηκε ο νεκρός / Βιβλιο...
- Γιάννης Λειβαδάς - 23 Σεπτέμβρη
- the shit is so deep there's a ship floatin'
- Δευτέρα 21 Σεπτεμβρίου 2009
- Yannis Livadas in "Le Zaporogue" Magazine [Six-200...
- Urs Leimgruber - Barre Phillips - Jacques Demierre...
- "Εαρινή Ισημερία" / Βιβλιοθήκη 18-09-2009
- Read that: About "Who was Sinclair Beiles"
- "Η Νύχτα Σφυρίζει"
- Προδημοσίευση από το ινδικό λογοτεχνικό περιοδικό ...
- Subhankar Das - From The Bunker Of This Life
- Έρχομαι/I am coming
- Οργή / Ire / Colère
- Malcolm Lowry / 100 χρόνια από τη γέννησή του (Ελε...
- Προς τον κ. Ντίνο Σιώτη εκδότη του περιοδικού "Δέκ...
- Blaise Cendrars - Bon Anniversaire!
- ▼ 09 (19)